The District School Board of Niagara uses applytoeducation.com to receive teaching applications. Qualified candidates should apply electronically to the
DSBN- "Teacher Applicant Pool" (formerly the "Recommend to Hire List) on www.applytoeducation.com.
We require that you submit the following information with your application on applytoeducation.com:
- Cover Letter
- Most recent evaluation report (Experienced teachers)
- One letter of reference (Professional references who have observed or evaluated your teaching, within 2 years)
- Practice Teaching Reports if Faculty Student (at least one)
Only complete applications, as defined above, will be screened. The posting for the Teacher Applicant Pool will be open from
November 1st to January 31st
Application Screening Process
- Application is reviewed by the Human Resources Department
- References may be contacted by the Human Resources Department
Interview Process (Interviews are set up from February through to May)
- if successful in the application screening process – application will be set up for an interview
- Principal/Vice-Principal or Human Resources will contact you to set up an interview
- After interview, Principal/Vice-Principal makes recommendation to Human Resources
- Human Resources will contact you (via email) to indicate if you have been recommended to our “Teacher Applicant Pool” or have not been
successful in the screening process.
If you are placed to our “Teacher Applicant Pool” you are eligible to apply to regular teacher postings if there are no qualified applicants on the
Long-term Occasional List (normally in June) and you are also eligible to be considered for our Occasional Teacher Roster when we are adding to the list.